Looking for a Career in the Martial Arts?
Instructor Position Now Available (July 2020)
Do you have experience teaching and motivating students through the martial arts? Or have you just wanted to work in a positive, energetic martial arts environment? We are a network of martial arts schools in Brooklyn with a cooperative, collaborative approach to health, growth and well-being.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated person interested in helping to change lives through martial arts. A background in jiu-jitsu, kickboxing, traditional martial arts, fitness or dance is a huge plus. Even more important is having great communication skills, a positive attitude, being well-organized and self-directed.
And if you have NO martial arts teaching experience but still like being around an active, motivated community of self-starters, we’ll even train the right person 🙂
This position is part-time and flexible, with opportunities for growth depending on interest and performance. Starting pay varies based on experience and qualifications.
- Provide safe, professional, enthusiastic instruction (experience with Zoom a plus!)
- Maintain a stimulating, exciting and welcoming environment at the school
- Teach, motivate and engage with students, families and guests
- File and maintain paper and electronic records for attendance
- Coordinate with other instructors, administrators and general managers
- Regular office duties like answering phone calls, copying, scanning, filing etc.
- You’ve got charisma and a positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- You’re articulate and have proactive communication skills
- You’re reliable and consistent
- You have the ability to learn names, faces, and processes quickly
- You have a positive attitude and confidence interacting at all levels of the business
- You’re able to solve problems autonomously, knowing when to ask for help or when issues arise
- You’ve got organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Instructor Job Post”. Make sure it is a Word Doc or PDF file ONLY, with description of qualifications for consideration. If applicable, include your present martial arts rank and where/when you received it.