From the book Train to Win, here is a Strategy for Dealing with Injuries:
- Accept that the injury has occurred and move forward.
- Examine how the injury happened so it never happens again.
- Find out all you can about the injury and its rehabilitation.
- Use every method of rehabilitation you can get your hands on.
- Be consistent and thorough with your rehabilitation.
- Find an outlet and determine what training you can do around the injury.
- Focus on areas that you needed to improve pre-injury.
- Don’t test injury while healing and re-irritate it.
- Develop a list of the things that the injury is trying to tell you.
- Don’t forget what you learned from the injury for the future.
View every setback as an opportunity for a comeback. You can view injury as a problem or a challenge. A problem is something you have, a challenge is something you have to take on.